I mentioned in a previous post that I'm doing the 50-book challenge again this year, with a goal of 20 books before I leave the country. Several of you have recommended books. I'm listing 16 books that I definitely plan to include in the first 20. That leaves room for 4 more, if someone wants to recommend something (under 300 pages) that I should read before I leave.
- Anthony, Piers — Letters to Jenny
- Alexander, Lloyd — The Black Cauldron
- Cooper, Susan — Over Sea, Under Stone
The Dark Is Rising
Thd Grey King
Silver on the Tree
- Dick, Philip K. — Do Androids Dream of Electric Sheep?
- Proulx, Annie — Close Range (which includes "Brokeback Mountain")
- Asimov, Isaac — The Robots of Dawn
- Card, Orson Scott — Ender's Game
- Greene, Graham — The Power and the Glory
- Grahame, Kenneth — The Wind in the Willows
- Clarke, Arthur C. — Childhood's End
- Percy, Walker — The Moviegoer
- Gibson, William — Neuromancer