- Alexander, Lloyd — The Black Cauldron
- Anthony, Piers — Letters to Jenny
- Cooper, Susan — Over Sea, Under Stone
- Proulx, Annie — Close Range: Wyoming Stories
- Kincaid, Jamaica — Lucy
- Christie, Agatha — The Unexpected Guest
Some of you may be wondering why I'm listing TUG when I chose not to include it or MWoW in my book count for 2005. Well, it was adapted as a novel by Charles Osborne. What that means is that Mr. Osborne copied all the dialogue pretty much verbatim and filled in the text with the stage directions and the occasional descriptive filler. Regardless of what one thinks of the play itself, this novelized version sucks ass. Really, Mr. Osborne deserves no credit for simply parroting Agatha Christie's work. Still, at 258 pages, I can legitimately count it as a book towards my goal.