- Alexander, Lloyd — The Black Cauldron
- Anthony, Piers — Letters to Jenny
- Cooper, Susan — Over Sea, Under Stone
- Proulx, Annie — Close Range: Wyoming Stories
- Kincaid, Jamaica — Lucy
- Christie, Agatha — The Unexpected Guest
- Dick, Philip K. — Do Androids Dream of Electric Sheep?
Really, the fact that I finished number 7 during the wee hours of February 7 is a complete coincidence. Don't expect me to have 8 finished by Wednesday!
I'm not sure what to make of DADoES. There were parts that seemed disjunct. There were a few sudden shifts where Dick could have transitioned better … unless he meant it to be that sudden. I mean, there was one point where everything happened so quickly and unexpectedly, I wondered if I'd skipped over a page. However, it's an extremely thought-provoking book. I wish it had been selected by my book club. I nominated it several times, and it came in second in the voting a couple of times, but we never got to read it. This would have been a fantastic book to discuss.
Okay, I'd better get back to the Dark Is Rising sequence before surrealestate decides she needs her books back!