This is how it works: Comment on this entry and I will give you a letter. Write ten words beginning with that letter, including an explanation of what the word means to you and why.
cthulia gave me the letter H. I hope I come close to doing it as much justice as she did the letter G.
- Henderson — An obvious first choice, since that's my surname, a Scottish name.
- Hirsute — Hairy, a condition I'm quite familiar with, especially as I age. "Where? Hair ne'er grows there!"
- Harry — After discussing the hairy, it felt appropriate to discuss Harry. I know several, in all the variations of the name, but no I won't discuss Henry or Hal next!
- Happenstance — Chance circumstance, or how much of my life seems to unfold.
- HTML — Stands for HyperText Markup Language. It's the language of webpages, a knowledge of which I try to use to generate a little extra income on the side.
- Händel — Baroque composer among whose many works is Messiah, which contains the famous "Hallelujah Chorus." I'm sure I'll sing plenty of Händel arias over the next few years.
- Humperdinck— Oddly enough, there are two famous Engelbert Humperdincks, (1) the crooner and (2) the opera composer of Hänsel und Gretel. I'm more likely to sing something by the former than the latter.
- Henna — A reddish-brown dye extracted from the plant of the same name. Used in mendhi, a form of body art and the closest thing I've ever had to a tattoo.
- Humility — Absence of Pride, something I strive for every day but fail miserably at.
- Harakiri — Method of execution preferred by Mister Rogers in "The Ultimate Showdown."