- Portis, Charles — True Grit (215 pages)
- Simpson, Joe — Touching the Void (210 pages)
- Bardin, John Franklin — The Last of Philip Banter (207 pages)
- Millar, Martin — The Good Fairies of New York (278 pages)
- Millar, Mark — Kick-Ass (190 pages)
- Sachar, Louis — Holes (225 pages)
Page count: 1325.
I'm sure most of you have already read Holes. I certainly got that impression when the movie was coming out back in 2003. So, there's not much I can say about it you don't already know. I enjoyed Holes. It was an easy, entertaining read.
I enjoyed the movie as well. This goes to show what a difference having the novel's author write the screenplay adaptation makes. Well done, Disney!